Who We Are
All children are unique and have strengths and needs. In the implementation of our program we support and build upon the child’s individual strengths and needs by utilizing current best practices from peer-reviewed research based on the principles of applied behaviour analysis.
What We Do
We provide individualized Early Intensive Behaviour Intervention (EIBI) programming for children diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our Services Include:
- Initial assessment for programming
- Development of individualized EIBI program
- Individualized programming includes all areas of development (e.g., academics, social, play and communication, self-help, gross and fine motor, home/family goals).
- Monitor and evaluate child’s progress
- Develop and implement Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) plans
- Liaise with Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Schools, Supported Child Development and other Professionals
- Train Behaviour Interventionists
- Facilitating Parent workshops
- Community workshops
Our Teaching Strategies
Our teaching strategies are based upon the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Research supports this as an effective teaching technique for children diagnosed with an ASD.
This teaching is done in the child’s natural environment. Teaching procedures and goals include Milieu teaching (functional communication), turn taking (joint attention), social skills, play and self-help.
We believe that parental involvement is essential as parent’s values and goals for their child play an integral role in intervention planning and implementation
Regions We Serve
The Thompson Okanagan including: Kelowna, West Kelowna, Winfield, Vernon, Lake Country, and Kamloops.
Kootenay, Boundary & Columbia including: Nelson, Castlegar, Trail, Rossland, Fruitvale, the Slocan Valley and all areas in between.